1502 = 2-3/4" backset
1503 = 3-3/4" backset
1505 = 5" backset
Trimco's New 1500 Series Push/Pull Latch
TRIMCO'S new 1500 Series Push/Pull Latches now features a sleekly designed, cold-forged steel base assembly. This refinement allows for improved lever action and simple field reversibility, regardless of the door hand or function. The new base design allows the distributor to stock TRIMCO latches without having to maintain inventory for several different functions or door hands.
Each TRIMCO 1500 Series latch is easily handed in the field and the function (excluding engraved models) can be altered to any of those depicted below in minutes. The exterior appearance of the unit remains unchanged, maintaining design continuity with previous TRIMCO models.
The TRIMCO Push/Pull latch was originally designed to serve hospital staff, and insure positive latching for patient protection in event of fire. Its aesthetic appearance, ease of operation, versatility and dependability have led to extensive use in modern buildings. Today TRIMCO's latches are considered the Standard of Excellence in all types of commercial and industrial structures.
Every 1500 Series latch is equipped with TRIMCO's unique, patented, Positive Fire-Feature*...the finest in the industry! A fusible like with a low melting point provides lockup of the corridor side push pad in the event of a fire, preventing ceiling debris or fire-hose pressure from accidentally releasing the latchbolt and creating a life-threatening situation.
Other push/pull latches depend on gravity fusible link or the high melting point of a less durable aluminum lever to activate and secure the opening during a fire. TRIMCO's 1560 and 1580 latches are approved by Underwriter's Laboratories for use on fire-rated openings up to and including three (3) hours.
Features and Notes
• Add suffix "P" to the part number to have the levers engraved "Push" and "Pull".
• 1592LLE (Lead Lined Escutcheon Plate) and the 1592LLT (Lead Lined Latch Tube) may be specified by buyer at extra cost.
• Specify 1593RK Replacement Kit to replace latches on doors originally prepped for the 1559 Series type Roller Latch with a Push/Pull Latch.
• Either 2-3/4", 3-3/4" or 5" Backset available with the 5" backset and 2-3/4" Strike (3651) supplied as standard with Push/Pull latches. ASA 4-7/8" (3652) Strike must be specified by buyer at an extra cost.
• Lever pads and latch covers manufactured from bronze or brass material, are suitable for heavy duty use.
• The TRIMCO patented Positive Fire Feature is the finest in the Industry.
• There are no exposed steel parts - preventing unsightly rust or discoloration.
• A nylon insert in the latchbolt face provides silent latch action and reduces friction.
• Reversible! Hand and function can be easily changed to accommodate every design requirements.
• Compact design - less then 50% the projection of other Push/Pull latches.
• Listed by Underwriter's Laboratory and approved for use by the Veteran's Administration.
• Finishes other than 629 & 630 will be Powder Coat.
• Chassis: Cold Forged Steel
• Cover: Cold Forged Bronze - 4-7/8" H x 2-5/8" W
• Hand: Reversible
• Function: Reversible (except engraved models)
• Latchbolt: Solid Brass Head, Anti-Friction Insert
• Backset: 5" standard, 2-3/4" and 3-3/4" available
• Projection: 2-1/2"
• Push Lever: Cast Bronze - 4-1/2" H x 1-5/8" W
• Pull Lever: Cast Bronze - 4-1/2" H x 1-5/8" W
• Engraving: Each letter - 5/8" H x 3/8" W
• Strike: ANSI A115.3 - Optional: ANSI A115.2
• Door Size: Adjustable to fir all doors from 1-3/4" to 2-1/4" thick.
Front plate is adjustable from no bevel to 1/8" in 2" bevel. 2-1/4" x 1-1/8", finished to match trim.
Door preparation requires 2-1/8" diameter bore and four (4) 5/16" mounting screw holes for operating mechanism. Edge bore for latchbolt is 1" in diameter.
Chassis is mounted with standard No. 10-32 x 2" PHMS x OH Blind nut x 3/16" washer. Front plate is mounted using NO. 8-32 x 3/4" FH combination wood and machine screws. Standard strike (A115.3) mounts with No. 8-32 x 3/4" FH combination wood and machine screws. The number A115.2 strike uses No. 12-24 x 1" FH combination wood and machine screws.
TRIMCO warrants their life-safety products to be free from material and workmanship defects for a period of two (2) years from date of manufacture. Warranty is voided by acts of vandalism, abuse, modification and/or alternation. Warranty is limited to replacement of product.
United States Patent Number 4003593 and 4986583 - other Patents Pending